Cardio is important to your overall health and to the success of your plans to reach your goals. Doing cardio at NexGen is a wonderful way to get in some steps; but there are lots of ways to get cardio when you are on the road for work or simply for pleasure. Here are 7 ideas to help you get some cardio outside of the studio.
- Take the stairs – You can always skip the elevator to get a little cardio.
- Give up the front row parking place – Park in the back of the lot and get in a few steps.
- Participate in sporting activities – Cardio doesn’t have to be walking. Take a kayak or canoe out on the water, ride a bike, etc. It will give you a chance to take in some scenery in addition to getting cardio.
- Go dancing – Dance is a great way to get cardio and have a good time too.
- Play a game – Play golf, go bowling or even play Wii Sports for some fun cardio.
- Explore the airport – Have a long layover? Go for a walk and check out the sights. A lot of airports have great art installations for you to explore.
- Walk the mall – Head to your local mall or shopping center for a brisk walk and some window shopping.
With these great tips, there are no excuses for not getting in a regular, healthy dose of cardio, even if you can’t make it into NexGen.